Welcome to the careers site for Nelson and Colne College
We would like to thank you for taking an interest in our current career opportunities.
Nelson and Colne College is an ‘outstanding’ Further Education College, based in Barrowford. We are home to 1,800 full time students, 3,500 part-time adults and more than 1,000 Apprentices. We currently offer a wide range of programmes across our Sixth Form, Skills Academy, University Centre, Lancashire Adult Learning, and Apprenticeship and Training provision, to continually meet the needs of the local community. We also sponsor the multi-Academy Pendle Education Trust.
Our staff are at the heart of everything we do, and it is thanks to their commitment and dedication that Nelson and Colne College continues to see our students exceed their potential. As part of our team, we offer colleagues a warm, welcoming work environment with professional development, career progression and continuous improvement at all levels. If you share our belief in the young people and adults in our community and are passionate about teaching and learning, then we would be delighted to receive your application.
Key facts about Nelson and Colne College
- Recent Government data has placed NCC as top in the country for A Levels (based on progress scores), top in the area for vocational studies (based on progress scores), top in the country for 16-18 learner achievement (at all levels) and top in the country for overall Apprenticeship achievement (at all ages and levels)
- More than 350 students progress to university each year and one in five go to Russell Group universities – the best in the country – including Oxbridge
- Recent investments have included a new £2million Engineering facility, 3G all-weather sports pitch and gym, new fully-equipped science laboratories, and student study and social spaces
- We sponsor the multi-Academy Pendle Education Trust incorporating Colne Primet Academy, Castercliff Primary Academy, Pendle Primary Academy, West Craven High School and Casterton Primary Academy
- In August 2016, NCC joined forces with Lancashire Adult Learning – the UK’s second largest adult education provider, offering a range of courses in more than 120 venues across Lancashire
- In January 2017, we launched a new University Centre, building on our ‘outstanding’ reputation for teaching and learning, to offer a range of Higher Education programmes to adults in East Lancashire and beyond
- In May 2018, NCC was chosen to pilot new technical qualifications (T Levels) in Childcare and Digital from 2020
- Selected to be a Maths Centre for Excellence in October 2018, gaining the investment potential to develop collaborative activities around teaching and share good practice regionally
Our Visions and Values:
- Expanding Horizons
- We Excel Together
- Always Learning
- You Matter
Nelson and Colne College are currently in the process of merging with Accrington and Rossendale College, which we are hoping will take place with effect from 30th November 2018.