Nelson and Colne College Group is an extraordinary place to work. By working for us, you are joining a high-performing and ambitious organisation – comprised of Nelson and Colne College, Accrington and Rossendale College and Lancashire Adult Learning – recognised for delivering exceptional teaching and learning to all ages and all levels.
You will become part of a highly skilled staff network, who are passionate about raising and supporting aspirations, providing social mobility and an essential talent pool for the local, regional and national economy.
Our People Strategy is centered around the following 5 key principles:
- Attract, Recruit and Retain
- Reward and Recognise
- Develop Talent
- Health and Wellbeing
As such as a member of staff you will benefit from the following:
We offer competitive pay, often exceeding the sector average, and aim to provide opportunities for pay progression. We also have additional benefits and incentives for staff such as:
- An enhanced occupational sick pay scheme
- Comprehensive staff recognition scheme (including end of year celebration)
- Long Service Awards
- Free on-site parking
All staff are eligible to join one of the College’s occupational pension schemes. The Teachers’ Pension Scheme is available for teachers, while Support Staff may join the Local Government Pension Scheme. Both schemes provide access to high quality pension benefits.
Staff receive a generous package of annual leave entitlement, this includes a two week close down period over the Christmas period.
Continuing Professional Development
Staff development needs are supported by a number of development and training opportunities during the College year. There are a wide range of scheduled training and team development sessions planned annually, including but not limited to:
- Cross College development days which are held four times per year
- Annual CPD discussion and plans – MyGoals
- ‘Be Phenomenal’ programme for both Academic and Support Staff
- Leadership training and development
- Succession plans
Health and Wellbeing
We are committed to maintaining a healthy workforce and protecting the health, safety and welfare of all our staff members. As part of our commitment to your health and wellbeing we offer the following to staff:
- Health checks
- Free eye test vouchers
- Comprehensive health and wellbeing resources on the ‘Staff Hub’
- Health and Wellbeing Working Group
- Signed up to the AoC Mental Health Charter
- Occupational health support
- Regular programme of health and wellbeing initiatives
- Free onsite Gym – with access to a wide range of fitness activities during term time including Zumba, yoga, badminton and more!
- 24 hour confidential staff helpline
- End of year ‘Fun Day’ – this is our annual Health and Wellbeing Day
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Staff and students that are involved in our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion groups meet on a regular basis to ensure that Equality, Diversity and Inclusion remains at the heart of everything we do at our College Group.
Family Friendly Leave
An enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption package is available which is well above the statutory minimum.
Staff who comply with the correct procedures receive a generous sick pay entitlement.
Hair and Beauty treatments
Staff can receive discounts on hair, beauty and holistic therapy treatments in our on-site Distinctions Hair and Beauty salons.