Welcome to the careers site for Nelson and Colne College
We would like to thank you for taking an interest in our current career opportunities.
Nelson and Colne College is an ‘outstanding’ Further Education College, based in Barrowford. We are home to 1,600 full time students, 3,500 part-time adults and more than 600 Apprenticeships.
We currently offer a wide range of programmes across our Sixth Form, University Centre, Skills Academy, Lancashire Adult Learning, and Apprenticeship and Training provision, to continually meet the needs of the local community. We are delighted to have been placed as number one in the country for achievement rates at all ages and levels, number one in Lancashire for A Levels (based on progress scores), number one in the area for Vocational studies (based on progress scores) and second in the country for 16-18 Apprenticeship success in the latest Government data.
In August 2016, the college joined forces with Lancashire Adult Learning to deliver community learning opportunities for adults across Lancashire. It is also sponsor of the Pendle Education Trust, which currently comprises of Castercliff Primary Academy, Pendle Primary Academy, Colne Primet Academy and West Craven High School.
Our staff are at the heart of everything we do, and it is thanks to their commitment and dedication that Nelson and Colne College continues to see our students exceed their potential. As part of our team, we offer colleagues a warm, welcoming work environment with professional development, career progression and continuous improvement at all levels. If you share our belief in the young people and adults in our community and are passionate about teaching and learning, then we would be delighted to receive your application.
Key facts about Nelson and Colne College
- We came number one in Lancashire in the latest FE Choices Learner Satisfaction Survey
- We have been rated as ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted since 2005.
- We have been named outstanding across the board and among the best Colleges in the country in the latest ALPS report
- More than 350 students progress to university each year including Oxford, Cambridge and Russell Group universities
- Recent investments have included a new £2million Engineering facility, 3G all-weather sports pitch and gym, new fully-equipped science laboratories, student study and social spaces
Our Visions and Values:
- Expanding Horizons
- We Excel Together
- Always Learning
- You Matter